OUR COVID AND LOCKDOWN PLAN
CLASSES WILL BE RUNNNING FROM MID OCTOBER
We hopefully coming out of our COVID pickle and totally itching to get back to sewing in class.
OUR NEW CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK!
We are aiming, cross our fingers and toes, that our classes can resume in mid October. Most of the classes will begin in early November though!
When you are ready to book, don't forget we have an INSTALMENT PAYMENT OPTION. Pay 30% upon registering and then you will be automatically charged the remaining 70% one week before your class. Simply tick that option at the checkout and the system takes care of it.
This makes sure you don't miss out and also supports us a small business!
Should any dates change, or more lockdowns imposed, we'll be in touch with credit note or refund options.
Beginners - START HERE
Next Step Beginner classes
Embroidery & Hand stitching classes
Fabric, Haberdashery & Pattern shop
What students are saying about UsefulBox
I am still buzzing from the calm found at a table with a humming machine.. not to mention your clever and creative mastery and warm authenticity!
What a fantastic lesson !! I am a beginner sewer and booked in my first lesson. Caz was very friendly and welcoming. She explained everything clearly with lots of hands on experience. I have already started recommending lessons to other people.
I gained so much knowledge, confidence and enthusiasm to start sewing my own projects! Caz is a passionate, patient and knowledgeable teacher. She helped me gain an understanding of; how my sewing machine works, how to read patterns and how to problem solve...she certainly equiped me with the tools and confidence I needed to get me started.
If you're after a professional, yet friendly and comfortable atmosphere where you can learn the fundamentals of sewing, Caz is your girl!!
I went to Caz's one day beginners sewing workshop yesterday only ever having switched my sewing machine on to make sure it worked. The workshop was great, I would highly recommend it. Caz really does start from the very beginning, covering the functions of your machine, how to read patterns and different types of stitches/seams.
Here at Usefulbox, we believe that anyone can sew!
Are you a bit scared of your machine? Or maybe you need a refresher?
You are in the right place! We're here to help beginner, or even seasoned sewers, gain confidence and hone new skills to tackle any sewing or hand stitching project.
Bring your machine in the box and we will help you learn all what all those knobs do, how to thread it and also how best to run it.
If you are already sewing, we want to help you skill up and make more and more, learn techniques and make it fit like a glove!
We are passionate about sewing for mental health and growing the sewing community in Sydney.
Our aim is for UsefulBox to be your starting point for inspiration, how to’s, reviews and access to our amazing sewing community.