Beginner Learn to Sew Intensive Weekend
BEGINNER INTENSIVE - 2 DAY WORKSHOP
** New Instalment payment available - pay 30% on booking and 70% one week prior to class!
Let's really get sewing! This 2 day intensive class is for those who want to get sewing fast! it is our most popular class and they sell out very quickly!
In this workshop, bring along your machine and you will learn how to thread your machine, sew some basic stitches and sew a curved line plus hem. We will then tackle your first project, a simple tote bag, to show you construction and seam allowances. We then move onto a basic pair of PJ shorts on the Sunday to teach you garment construction. You will leave with both patterns and be able to work on them at home.
Skill level: Complete beginner - bring your machine in the box!
What you will learn:
- What all those knobs do
- How to change your needle
- How to thread both the bobbin and the machine
- Sew basic straight stitches to the seam allowance and zig zag the edges
Using PJ pants as our project you will learn:
- How to improve those straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Pattern layout and jargon
- Construction and putting the pieces together in what order
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What is included:
- Most fabrics and materials
- 2 days of 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-5 students in the class
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- Copius cups of tea and coffee, and baked treats.
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
- 1m of thick cotton fabric - at Spotlight it is called Duck Canvas or Canvas. And all Ikea fabric is perfect. Or you can purchase your fabric in our store at your lesson.
- 1.5m of cotton/linen fabric for your PJ Pants. Or you can purchase your fabric in our store at your lesson.
- Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class
Date and Time
- 5 -6 Feb, 10am - 3pm
- 5 - 6 March, 10am - 3pm
- 9 - 10 April, 10am - 3pm