Beginner Learn to Sew Workshop - One day!
So, you’ve decided you’d like to learn how to sew? And you’ve a new sewing machine? But don’t know where to start?
Bring along your machine and I will show you how to thread it, practise stitching and make a project just for you. Once armed with the confidence to use your machine, this course will give you the oomph to work on lots of projects. (I can hire a sewing machine for you if you don't have one! please see here )
As this is an absolute beginner lesson, we will take it slow and begin with sewing simple piece, a Tote Bag.
Firstly, we take around 1.5hours to learn how your machine works, thread it and practice stitching. We then take these new skills to begin making up a project, a super useful Tote Bag. The skills learnt here can include making seams, zig zag edging and top stitching.
Skill level: Complete beginner - bring your machine in the box!
What you will learn:
- What all those knobs do
- How to change your needle
- How to thread both the bobbin and the machine
- Sew basic straight stitches to the seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
- Most fabrics and materials
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- Copius cups of tea and coffee, and baked treats.
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Saturday 5 Feb, 10am - 3pm
- Saturday 5 March, 10am - 3pm
- Saturday 9 April, 10am - 3pm
The next step after this class are the Beyond Beginner Project based classes where we skill up!
If you need to hire a machine, please see HERE to hire one of my machines.