Location, Terms & FAQ
21 Shepherd Street, Marrickville NSW 2204
Entry is off Jabez Street which is at the end of the building. Look for the doorway and the sign and ring the doorbell.
Parking is VERY, VERY tricky during the week. It is best to stop outside our door, ring the bell and drop off your bits and pieces. Then find a park in either Weymss or Perry Streets.
We only open for workshops as we are not a retail store...yet!
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF COUNTRY
We would like to acknowledge the Gadigal people who are the Traditional Custodians of the land in which we live and learn. We would also like to pay respect to the Elders both past and present of the Eora Nation and extend that respect to other Aboriginal & Indigenous people present at our workshops and events.
CODE OF CONDUCT & EVERYONE IS WELCOME
UsefulBox is a place for everyone to feel welcome, encouraged and loved. You are all very very welcome as sewing is a gift that can unite us all. We are anti-racist and an ally to the BIPOC, LGBTQI and physically disabled communities, along with being an advocate for mental health. We will serve you to be best of our ability and we will stand with you in love and solidarity. We welcome positivity and kindness. If your values differ and you will have trouble in conducting yourself in a polite, kind and respectful manner, our studio is not the studio for you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Classes require a minimum of 3-4 people to go ahead.
- Your class will be confirmed with you 5 days prior to your class date.
- If the class does not run due to low numbers, you will be refunded in full or given the option to choose another class, free of charge.
- If you cannot make the class and give:
- More than 5 days notice, you will be refunded in full
- If you give less than 5 days notice, you will be given the chance to reschedule to another class for a fee of $25.
- If you choose not to reschedule, you will be refunded 50% off the class fee.
- You will forfeit the whole class fee should you not come to class or cancel within 48hours.
- In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a free transfer, credit note or refund.
Refunds and exchanges of products
If you have purchased a faulty product we can offer a refund or exchange. For change of minds, the product must be unused and we can provide an exchange or store credit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What to bring to class?
If you have a machine, please bring that so you can better learn to use it. Don’t forget the power cord, pedal and all the accessories. If your class goes over lunch time, you are encouraged to bring your lunch to save time. There is a fridge and microwave available. All other info on what to bring will be given to you upon booking.
Do you have machines to borrow?
Yes, we do! You can add machine hire to your cart when checking out. We will have one set up for your class.
Do you do kids classes?
I'm afraid we don't offer kids classes anymore. Our weekends are booked up with adult classes and as we share the space we cannot have kids classes during the week.
Do you have Gift Vouchers?
Gift vouchers are sent to you digitally and have a code attached to them which the recipient will need to use when booking. Vouchers are valid for three years.
What's the shipping policy?
Your goodies are packed as soon as possible upon your order being placed. A day at the most! You will be given a tracking number upon shipment of the goods. Across Australia, your parcel should take 2-3 days for delivery.
Are animals allowed in the studio?
Animals will need to be left at home when you come to your sewing lesson. The space is not safe for animals - I would hate for your pet to tread on a pin or choke on some thread!