Join our very newest specialist teacher, Megan McKee-Griffith, to take that garment and duplicate it!
We'll take one of your garments, show you how to trace a pattern from it, estimate how much fabric you will need and give you a reference photo of the layout. This is a no sew class and you will take the pattern home to sew up the garment yourself at your own pace.
Hint...you could bring your new pattern to a BYO class/course to have help sewing it up to perfection!
Skill level: You will need a good grasp of sewing skills, understanding of seam allowances and the construction of a garment.
What happens in our 4 hours:
- You can use the high cutting tables to trace/measure your garment
- We will dissect your pattern and look at how to trace
- We will work out how much fabric you will need to sew up your new garment
- We will give you a reference photo of the layout.
What is included:
- 4 hours of expert tuition with only 4-5 students in the class
- Paper, pencils, tracing wheels, french curve rulers to share and use. You can even purchase your own!
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
What you need to bring
- The clean garment you wish to copy
- Any of your own pattern making tools if you have them - spiky tracing wheel, french curve, pencil and easer. We have tools to share if you don't have these, and have them to purchase
Saturday 6 April - 9am to 1pm SOLD OUT
Saturday 11 May - 9am to 1pm SOLD OUT
Friday 7 June, 10am to 2pm