Beginner Learn to Sew Workshop - One day!
So, you’ve decided you’d like to learn how to sew? And you’ve a new sewing machine? But don’t know where to start?
Bring along your machine and I will show you how to thread it, practise stitching and make a project just for you. Once armed with the confidence to use your machine, this course will give you the oomph to work on lots of projects. (I can hire a sewing machine for you if you don't have one! please see here )
As this is an absolute beginner lesson, we will take it slow and begin with sewing simple pieces such as a Tote Bag, girls dress or simple cami top.
Firstly, we take around 1.5hours to learn how your machine works, thread it and practice stitching. We then take these new skills to begin making up a project such as a tote bag, little dress or cami top. The skills learnt here can include making seams, zig zag edging and top stitching.
Skill level: Complete beginner - bring your machine in the box!
What you will learn:
- What all those knobs do
- How to change your needle
- How to thread both the bobbin and the machine
- Sew basic straight stitches to the seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
- Most fabrics and materials
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- Copius cups of tea and coffee, and baked treats.
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Saturday 27 June 2020, 10am - 3pm
- Sunday 16 August 2020, 10am - 3pm
- Saturday 26 September 2020, 10am - 3pm
- Sunday 8 November 2020, 10am - 3pm
- Saturday 12 December 2020, 10am - 3pm
The next step after this class are the Beyond Beginner Project based classes where we skill up!
If you need to hire a machine, please see HERE to hire one of my machines.