Drop In Class
Only need a few hours or a couple of lessons to work on a project? Need some guidance? Or just want to use the facilities & sew socially?
Come sew with us at a time convenient to you in our Drop In class!
Book one day, a couple in a row or around other commitments, you can use this is a time for you to focus on that learning, a tricky technique, pattern or skill. It's also a chance to get that project you have been wanting to tackle for ages, started and hopefully finished!
Skill level: Beyond beginner. You will be sharing the class and space with others at different levels so you will need some self sufficiency.
What happens in our 2.5 hours:
- Learn all about your machine
- Learn sewing terminology
- We will dissect your pattern and look at the jargon in the instructions
- We will break down the instructions in much more manageable and easy to understand steps
- We will focus on learning new skills.
- 2.5 hours of sewing help and company
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Copius cups of tea and coffee!
What you need to bring
- Beyond beginners and Intermediate sewists - The pattern and fabric you want to work on. Please send me an email with the project you want to work on and tell me what level you are at so that I can get an idea of what everyone will bring.
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
MONDAY MORNINGS- 10am until 1230pm
TERM 2 - THURSDAY MORNINGS - 10am until 1230pm
UsefulBox HQ, 21 Shepherd Street, Marrickville