Get to grips with Zips! Zippers aren't that scary!
Zippers are very important in sewing but often we are a bit scared to tackle them. So we are going to break down the steps to really easy steps to a perfect zipper.
We'll focus on lapped, side by side and invisible zips so you'll have the confidence to tackle any project.
Once you have these skills mastered, we'll whip up a cute boxy zippered pouch!
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a basic grasp of sewing with seam allowances.
What you will learn:
- Why we use zipper foot
- 3 different types of zippers and how to sew them - lapped, side by side and invisible!
- 2 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- All materials including an invisible zip foot
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Copius cups of tea and coffee, and baked treats
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially the Zipper foot!
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Saturday 15 August, 2pm - 5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Saturday 12 September, 2pm - 5pm
The next step after this class is the Beyond beginner class where we skill up! Please feel free to go ahead and book that at the same time as this class, here.
If you need to hire a machine, please see HERE to hire one of my machines.