Kids Learn to Sew - May 2022
KIDS LEARN TO SEW!
Let's really get sewing! No matter what stage your child is at, this fun workshop will kickstart their creativity.
Sewing machines are provided but it you'd like to you can bring along your machine. We will show your child how to thread it, practise stitches and make quick projects!
Once armed with the confidence to use the machine, this workshop will give your child the oomph to work on lots of projects.
Skill Level: Any skill level is welcome - we will take it slow and begin with sewing a simple patchwork cushion.
Age group: 8 - 13 years
Firstly, we take around 1 hour to learn how the machine works, thread it and practice stitching. We then take these new skills to begin making up the cushion cover. The skills learnt here include making seams, zig zag edging and top stitching.
What will you get?
- Expert tuition with one teacher and only 4-5 students
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- SEWING MACHINES ARE PROVIDED (unless you would like to bring your own to learn to use!)
What will you need to bring:
- If you would like to use your own machine, please bring your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal.
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Any nut & egg free snacks - Fridge, sandwich press and microwave available
Dates & Times Available:
THESE ARE THE ONLY DATES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS TERM & REQUIRE A MIN OF 4 STUDENTS TO GO AHEAD.
* Bookings will be assessed one week prior and if there is not enough bookings, we will let you know and refund your fee.
- Sunday 29 May - 930am to 1230pm
- Sunday 29 May - 130 to 430pm
Cost: $85 per 3 hour lesson
HAVE YOU ALSO SEEN OUR AFTERSCHOOL KIDS SEW CLUB FOR TERM 3 2021?
WE ARE A CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER. Once you purchase your class, please add your childs full name, DOB and voucher number to the notes section and I will refund it once I have processed the voucher.