Bodice Fitting Masterclass
Gosh, we come in all shapes and sizes and not least of in the bust and shoulders! Let us help you learn all the tricks to make a bodice fit you properly.
** Date in October/November coming soon. WAITLIST your spot by going to the checkout and processing a $0 free transaction ***
Debra Ryan joins us for another advanced sewing weekend to take us through how to fit our Bodice to our unique and wonderful bodies. Bodice fitting is all about analysing our bodies to make the necessary adjustments and then fitting and fitting again.
We will be using a commercial pattern as a base to work from. But the aim for this class is to walk away with a bodice block that will fit you and you will know how to do basic manipulations to change the style. We won't necessarily be sewing up a bodice in your preferred fabric (unless you are a super fast sewist!) so please do expect to work on a toile, or two/three, only.
PRICE: $320 for a full weekend.
Here is what to expect from the class:
- Measuring our bodies and choosing the right size
- Analysing our bodies to make necessary adjustments
- Making those flat pattern adjustments - This would include length and width alterations to bust, waist and shoulder and bust cup alterations.
- Making a toile to check adjustments and refining them
- Tweak and Toile again!
- AIM for DAY ONE: achieve a fitted bodice for each participant and make up a toile bodice to check and finalise the block.
- Make final adjustments to the pattern
- Learn dart manipulation for designing a bodice and simple neckline shapes to create a top or dress bodice to make into a simple dress.
Once you have these skills mastered, you'll have a block that fits!
Skill level: This is a more advanced class so you will be a great grasp of sewing and construction, and confident with patterns and understanding pattern instructions, and confident using your machine. Above all, have a readiness to toile and toile again!
- A weekend in October or November - 900am to 330pm
ABOUT DEBRA RYAN
Debra trained as a TAFE teacher of Fashion at East Sydney TAFE and taught a wide range of Fashion courses for TAFE NSW for sixteen years in regional NSW.
She later moved to Sydney in 2000 to work in a small business as a patternmaker/cutter, creating custom-made garments and custom alterations for individual clients, and continues to do so.
Debra also taught the Needlecraft Certificate at TAFE and is a passionate embroiderer and member of the Embroiderers Guild NSW.