Ok, so you know how to thread your machine and sew straight-ish seams?! You're now feeling a bit more confident to learn some more skills. Let's take it to the next level and sew something great!
We will focus on construction and your seam allowances while we make you a fab tote bag to cherish. We'll even make a special zip pocket to really upskill.
Skill level: Beginner - you must know how to thread your machine and confident to sew a seam. You may have taken our Beginner Basics class and this is the perfect next step.
What you will learn:
- How to improve those straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Zip insertion (it's super easy!)
- Pattern layout and jargon
- Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
- A zip and handles for your fancy bag.
- A pattern and instructions to take home.
- 3 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
What you need to bring:
- Your choice of fabric -- info will be sent to you upon booking.
- Your trusty machine -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
Date and Time
Saturday 12 January, 1 - 4pm
Saturday 9 Feb, 9am - 12pm
Sunday 24 Feb, 1-4pm
Saturday 9 March, 9am - 12pm
Sunday 17 March, 9 - 12pm
Saturday 30 March, 9am - 12pm
UsefulBox HQ Enmore - exact address given upon booking
What is the next class after this one?
The next step after this class is the Beginner Beyond class where we take on garments! Click here to add a class now.
If you need to hire a machine, please see HERE to hire one of my machines.