Ok, so you know how to thread your machine and sew straight-ish seams?! You're now feeling a bit more confident to learn some more skills. Let's take it to the next level and sew something great!
We will focus on construction and your seam allowances while we make you a fab tote bag to cherish. We'll even make a special zip pocket to really upskill.
Skill level: Beginner - you must know how to thread your machine and confident to sew a seam. You may have taken our Beginner Basics class and this is the perfect next step.
What you will learn:
- How to improve those straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Zip insertion (it's super easy!)
- Pattern layout and jargon
- Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What is included:
- A zip and handles for your fancy bag.
- A pattern and instructions to take home.
- 3 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
- One metre of thick cotton fabric.
9 December, 9am - 12pm
12 January, 1 - 4pm
9 Feb, 9am - 12pm
24 Feb, 1-4pm
9 March, 9am - 12pm
17 March, 9 - 12pm
30 March, 9am - 12pm
UsefulBox HQ Enmore - exact address given upon booking
What is the next class after this one?
The next step after this class is the Beginner Beyond class where we take on garments! New dates will be added soon.
If you need to hire a machine, please see HERE to hire one of my machines.