All Level Courses - Mondays 4 weeks
Want to learn to sew? Or maybe you need some help with a project? Do you just want some sewing company? Come sew with us at a time convenient to you!
Whether you are an absolute beginner or an intermediate sewist, this is a time for you to focus on that learning, a tricky technique, pattern or skill. It's also a chance to get that project you have been wanting to tackle for ages, started and hopefully finished!
Skill level: As this is an open level night, you can be an absolute beginner or have moved beyond beginner.
But what does that mean exactly?....
For those beginners, we will take it from the start and learn about your machine and then starting making small projects. For the remaining weeks, you'll be guided through some easy sewing projects to get your confidence up.
If you've been sewing a little bit, or a lot, you will bring your own project/s to work on with the guidance of a sewing teacher. We find that if you work on a project that interests you, or suits you best, you learn more and have more fun!
What happens in our 2.5 hours:
- Learn all about your machine
- Learn sewing terminology
- We will dissect your pattern and look at the jargon in the instructions
- We will break down the instructions in much more manageable and easy to understand steps
- We will focus on learning new skills.
- 2.5 hours of sewing help and company each Wednesday night
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Copius cups of tea and coffee!
What you need to bring
- Beginners - the first & second week is just getting to know your machine and we can provide some projects to make.
- Beyond beginners and Intermediate sewists - The pattern and fabric you want to work on. Please send me an email with the project you want to work on and tell me what level you are at so that I can get an idea of what everyone will bring.
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
Dates Available - IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THESE EXACT DATES BUT STILL WANT TO BOOK 4 WEEKS OF CLASSES, PLEASE CONTACT ME AS YOU CAN START AT ANY TIME:
24 May - 21 June, 10am until 1230pm - 4 weeks with Public holiday
26 April - 17 May, 630pm until 9pm - 4 weeks
24 May - 21 June, 630pm until 9pm - 4 weeks with Public holiday