Teen Holiday Sewing: Robe
Ok teens, let's take it up a notch and sew our first garment!
At this teen beginner lesson, we will still take it slow and we will focus on pattern cutting, construction, sewing skills and finishing garments and make a robe or dressing gown top for ourselves!
We will be making the Helen's Closet Suki Robe and its super easy to make and lovely to wear, for day or bedtime wear! See some versions here.
Skill Level: Ages 12 to 17 years. Your teen will need to have sewn on a sewing machine before and able to thread their machine. If they have taken a beginner workshop with me, this is perfect next step.
Discount applied at checkout
What you will learn:
- How to improve those straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Facing and straps
- Pattern layout and jargon
- Construction and putting the pieces together in what order
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What is included:
- Expert tuition with one teacher and only 3-4 students (12+ years)
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
What will you need to bring:
- Your choice of fabric -- two metres of light cotton fabric. More info will arrive to you after your booking.
- Your trusty machine -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Monday 18 January 2021 - 10am until 3pm
UsefulBox HQ, 21 Shepherd Street, Marrickville
Looking for more classes? Join our After School Sew Club on Mondays in Term 1. More info here.
BUYING this as a gift? Be sure to add the child's name and parent details in the notes to seller section.
WE ARE A CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER. Once you purchase your class, please add your details to the notes section and I will refund it once I have processed the voucher.