Sewing with Stretch fabrics is very quick and easy. We just need to get started! Learn all the essentials in this 5 hour workshop.
Stretch sewing is all about tension, needles and the right stitch. We'll look at those first to understand the theory.
Then we'll get cracking and cut out a basic adults tee. We'll focus on seam allowances when we sew it up along with perfecting those ribbed necklines.
Once you have these skills mastered, you can take on any stretch project with confidence and ease!
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a basic grasp of sewing with seam allowances and the construction of a garment.
What you will learn:
- Why we use a ballpoint needle and a special stitch
- Pattern layout and cutting
- What fabrics are best to use
- Construction and necklines
- A choice of fabric to use
- A pack of ballpoint/stretch & twin needles to keep
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Copius cups of tea and coffee
What you need to bring
- Fabrics - more info will be sent to you upon booking.
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- 5 December, 10am until 3pm
UsefulBox HQ, 21 Shepherd Street, Marrickville