Sew Kids After school Club - Term 3 2022
SEW KIDS CLUB - afterschool kids classes!
Let's really get sewing! No matter what stage your child is at, this after school kids club will kickstart their creativity.
With the sewing machine provided, we will show your child how to thread it and practise stitches. Then, once armed with the confidence to use the machine, this workshop will build on skills each week.
If your child is an absolute beginner, we will take it slow and begin with sewing simple pieces such as pencil cases, scrunchies and work up to a simple garment. If your child has sewn before, or taken this class before, we can keep increasing skills week on week.
The skills learnt in this class will include threading and working a sewing machine, making seams, zig zag edging, top stitching and hand sewing buttons and hems.
SEWING MACHINE IS PROVIDED!
Skill Level: Complete beginner to confident sewist, between 12 and 17yrs.
What will you get?
- Expert tuition with one teacher and 5-6 kids - min 5 students to go ahead.
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- Lots of healthy treats and drinks!
What will you need to bring:
- Any fabric needed - you will be contacted before the lesson.
- If you have a machine that you would like to bring every week plus all it's power cords and the foot pedal and all the accessories, especially all the feet.
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
Term 3, 2022 - 10 weeks on a Monday
Start date: 18 July 2022
Last date: 18 September 2022
Time: 345pm - 515pm (can arrive at 330pm if needed)
Min of 5 students needed to go ahead.
If Monday doesn't suit you, please contact me with a day that would and I could perhaps make up another class!
WE ARE A CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER. Once you purchase your class, please add your details to the notes section and I will refund it once I have processed the voucher.