Kids After School Stitching Club
STITCHING CLUB @ STANMORE PUBLIC SCHOOL
Craft and sewing is so important for boys and girls to learn. It gives them a creative outlet, allows them to be individual and helps them use a different part of their brain.
Our new STITCHING CLUB runs every Monday from 3.10pm until 430pm for Stanmore Public School students.
What will the kids learn
I will focus on hand stitching projects and we will learn different mending skills through our fun projects. We will learn to use a needle and thread safely along with safe cutting practices; sewing a hem and a button; basic construction techniques and embroidery stitches. A project list is below.
Skill level: Complete beginner from Year one to Year six students.
What your child will learn, all through making fun projects:
- How to use a needle and thread
- How to cut fabric safely
- How to sew on a button and a hem
- Express themselves through creative craft
What is included:
- All fabrics and equipment (except a BYO t-shirt in week 7)
- Sewing kit to keep: Needles, Pins, Unicorn scissors, Pinking shears and Unpicker, worth $45
- 15 hours of expert tuition with only 6-10 students in the class
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
What you need to bring
- All you need to remember to pack is a T-shirt in week 7.
- 3.10 until 4.30pm every Monday, begins 29th April
- Held in the library, meet in the COLA
- Year one to Year six students, max of 10 students in the class
- $260 per student per term
- Sewing kit worth $45 included
- All materials included (except BYO t-shirt in week 7)
- When booking, please add in your child's name and class in the notes to seller section.
Week one - 29 April
Drawstring bag - make a quick drawstring bag to hold all of your sewing kit for the rest of the term
Week two - 6 May
Pin cushion - to hold our pins and needles for the rest of the term
Week three - 13 May
Thread drawing - colour in your masterpiece with embroidery thread
Week four - 20 May
Unicorn Cross Stitch - learn to cross stitch to create a pretty unicorn
Week five - 27 May
Scrunchies - make a scrunchies for fashionable hair
Week six - 3 June
Eye mask - sleep in style with your own eye mask
Week seven - 10 June
Embellish a T-shirt - create your own original tee
Week eight - 17 June
Friendship bracelets - for all your friends and family
Week nine - 24 June
Yo-Yo Necklace - fabulous colourful statement necklace
Week ten - 1 July
Weaving - make a colourful wall hanging
***Working with Children Check available.