Next Step Beginner 4 week Course
NEXT STEP BEGINNER 4WEEK LEARN TO SEW COURSE
Take your sewing up a notch and sew some more garments.
This 4 week Learn to Sew course is for those who know how to thread and run their machine, have made some projects or who have attended one of our beginner classes.
Each week we will build on the skills learnt from the precious week. The first two weeks will focuss on learning more about patterns, cutting and construction. The next two weeks will focus on your choice of project. We'll learn about zips and buttonholes too!
Skill level: Next step beginner
What you will learn:
- Pattern jargon and terminology
- How to cut and lay out your patterns and fabric
- What types of fabrics work best
- Construction techniques
- Zips and buttonholes
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What will you learn each week:
- Week 1 - Zippered pouch and buttonholes
- Week 2 & 3 - Sew a skirt or top of your choice
- Week 4 - BYO Project
What is included:
- Expert tuition
- Accepting and relaxed environment
- Copious tea and coffee, even some baked treats
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- A more detailed project and material list will be sent to you after booking.
Dates and times:
DAYTIME 3 hours each, over 4 weeks, $350
Monday 19 October to 9 November, 10am - 1pm
Thursdays 29 October to 19 November, 10am - 1pm - two spots left
EVENING 2.5 hours each, over 4 weeks, $295
Mondays 19 October to 9 November, 630pm - 9pm
Wednesdays 25 November to 15 December, 630pm - 9pm - three spots left
UsefulBox, 21 Shepherd Street, Marrickville
We're looking forward to sewing with you!